Dienstag, 7. Februar 2012

Möchtest du diese Rose?! U wanna take this rose?!

Anjong,

last week I started to work on my bachelor thesis. What can I say... I have nothing special or interesting to write on my Blog.

I have to work on Agro-bacterias (who carry a special transferred vector). I try to make them transfer this vector to some algae. So I try, under different conditions to make the bacterias transfer the DNA to different kind of algae. I know... Sounds pretty boring...

But I think if it works it can be very useful. There are some publications about some procedure like this. So at first I just wanna imitate the work. To see if it really works.

Afterwards I try with some algae nobody tried ever before. So if I get them to produce some marker in the end, there are possibilities that we can transfer other DNA to the algae. And in the end they can produce some very useful stuff....

Last week I had to start to mix artificial seawater, to give the algae a new home. Afterwards Maiko and me created a growth curve referring to the agro-bacteria growth.

So we know what time we have to lift them from the culture and put them to the algae....

Yesterday we started the first co-cultivation of agro-bacterias and Pavlova (kind of algae).

So, today we have to watch out if they cuddle or not... I hope they make some love....and take my rose...kkk

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen