Samstag, 21. Januar 2012

Emergency Room!

Anjong,

today was my first visit in an emergency room in Korea!
I was so exited to go there, even if I had throat pain... I know what all my friends in Europe think right now in this moment.... Emergency room.... throat pain... are you kidding me?!

But I told you before, that there are no regular doctors... you have just the option to go to the hospital and in this special case ( it is saturday, and holiday, because of chinese new year) I had to go to the emergency room.

When I arrived at the hospital I went to the information but nobody was there.... because it is holiday... so I went to the emergency room desk. The woman behind the desk said hello and I started to explain her my disease.... and when I was finished she said... sorry... no english.... perfect...

Good SAMSUNG hospital!
I gave her my Alien registration card and she asked for my korean name... I thought about telling her "Big dancing bear" but there was no space for jokes... So I wrote my name in hangul on a piece of paper and now I have a new name...

After some other difficulties she took me straight to the emergency room and in the middle of it was a wheel chair with a pair of artificial legs in... I wish I could see my face in that moment....

Anyway, the doctor she took me to was very nice and he was able to speak in english... thank god!

I explained him my pain and that I don't have a real Korean name... he laughed... And told me, that it will be very expensive to see the doctor... And I wondered if he is just a fake doctor.... I asked about the fee and he told me about 40.000Won what is like 27€...

After checking my temperature, blood pressure and so on. He explained me that I have a viral infection, not a bacterial, like I thought... because we are in Korea...

Good explanation, he...

He told me that he will give me an injection which works very well and that I get pills for three days... And while writing this post I feel the injection is really working... I can swallow without making a scary face....

After the injection he asked me what I am doing in Korea and I told him, he was really interested in me, I really liked talking to him! While saying goodbye he pounded on my shoulder and wished me all the best.

So thanks doctor!!!!

Din A4 prescription!
 But the best thing is.... I didn't had to wait one minute !

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen